RPG Abffusor Acoustic Absorber/Diffuser
- Broad bandwidth abffusive.
- Recording Studios.
- Post Production Studios.
- Practice Rooms.
- Home Theatres.
- Mastering Studios.
- Can be surface or flush mounted.
- 100mm deep.
- Attractive fabric finish.
- The Abffusor is the industry’s first absorption phase grating. It is an extension of the reflection phase grating (RPG) which provides sound diffusion from a series of divided reflective wells of equal width and different depths.
- The depths of both the reflective wells of the RPG and the absorptive wells of the Abffusor are based on mathematical number theory sequences. The Abffusor's absorption efficiency extends below that of a traditional flat porous absorber because it utilses two absorption mechanisms.
- The first is the traditional dissipation of sound energy into heat by frictional losses in the pores of a porous absorber. The second is the viscous losses due to high particle velocity flows across the well dividers induced by the pressure differences in adjacent wells.
- This pressure gradient mechanism results in additional low frequency absorption. The absorption phase grating topology also offers efficient glancing angle reflection control and near field diffusion to create a natural sounding, attractive room treatment.
The Abffusor uses two absorption mechanisms in addition to diffusion. Absorption extends to lower frequencies than flat porous absorbers due to the QRD pressure gradient mechanism. Near field QRD diffusion provides additional sound control.
When mounted directly against a wall it will provide broadband absorption from about 250Hz upwards. This can be extended down to 100-125Hz by mounting it 300-400mm away from the wall.
The Abffusor can be mounted on a wall, in a T-bar ceiling grid, or left freestanding. Type E Flush Mounting provides improved absorption. Hardwood feet are available for freestanding installation.