Self adhesive acoustic head and jamb seal
- 1212 (RP120) -Self Adhesive Double Winged Acoustic Seals.
- Applications:- Head and jambs of doors and windows.
- When used with an appropriate threshold seal, and door, the 1212 has an Rwof 31dB when used with an acoustic doorset assembly.
- The air trapped between the two blades gives improved acoustic performance over a single seal.
- Min./Max. gap: 3mm/4mm
- Size: 12mm x 12mm as standard (although 10x10mm and 15x15mm versions are available subject to minimum orders).
- Colours: Black, white, brown, silver, grey and cream. NEW: Now also in clear plastic
- 1m lengths (Part Code SE430)
- 2.1m lengths (Part Code SE440)
This is a superb acoustic seal which when used with an appropriate threshold seal and plate will meet the building regulation requirements. Supplied with a semi-rigid back section with integral self-adhesive backing on both surfaces. The flexible sealing fins are very resilient, highly durable and offer extremely low friction characteristics so opening and closing forces are minimised. The opposing fins give excellent sealing performance from whichever direction the acoustic/smoke hazard emanates. If you want the best acoustic performance from a door then using this seal along with one of our surface mounted seals is the way to go as a double set of seals gives best results.
- Tested in accordance with BS En ISO 140-3: 1995.
- Effective smoke seal up to 200°C.
- Fully tested for performance and durability under the third party certification schemes CERTIFIRE and BBA
- Close the door or window. Check the clearance around the perimeter. The gap should not be less than 2.5mm. If required plane or sand the door or window stile edges so that the seal when fitted, allows for easy closing and latching.
- Ensure that the surface which the seal is to be adhered to is clean, smooth and if painted, well cured.
- Measure the door or window jamb perimeter to determine seal lengths required. (Fig.1.)
- Trim the seal to length with a pair of scissors or knife. (Determine mitre or butt joint first).
- Install the vertical jamb seal first. Peel off about 150mm of the self adhesive backing paper from one end of the seal to expose adhesive. Starting at the top corner of the jamb progressively remove backing paper and run a blunt tool or finger down the centre of the seal. Be sure to fix the seal evenly and firmly in place.
- Check door or window for correct closing and latching.