THE NASTY BUG: PLEASE NOTE... We are currently working remotely but can take most phone calls and our distribution service is still operational for most stock items.
We are also contactable via email.
We can only process online orders at this time, anything that cannot be done online we can process manually in about 48hrs via email.
Environmental noise is the summary of noise pollution from the outside, caused by transport, recreational and industrial activities.
For consideration: Generally it is best to engage an acoustic consultant if you have a need for an acoustic barrier or acoustic enclosure.
Many common mistakes or false assumptions are often made in respect to these items which can lead to their providing virtually no noise reduction at all.
Barriers and Booths
- A noise barrier must at least block the line of sight between the noise source and the receiver. As long as this is wide enough this can give an insertion loss of 5dBA but it is best if it is at least 30% higher than this where it could achieve a 10dBA insertion loss.
- A barrier must have enough mass so that the noise is forced over it and not through it.
- This would generally be in the region of 15–20kg/m2.
- A properly designed barrier can give an extra 1dBA for each extra metre of height over and above the line of sight.
- A barrier must be placed as near to the noise source as possible.
- A noise barrier may require an absorptive face depending on the noise problem.
- A noise barrier is unlikely to give more than a 20dBA insertion loss.
- A noise barrier needs to be wide enough. It should be 8–10 times as long as the distance between the receiver and barrier itself with the receiver position being central to the barrier length.
- The enclosure should not be tight fitting, space is required around the enclosure which will depend on the spectral content of the noise.
To view our product range click here
Planning and noise
- On-site noise surveys
- Background noise surveys
- BS 8233 noise control
- BS 4142 assessment
- Baseline noise surveys prior to works
- On-site compliance monitoring once works have commenced.
- For more information click here
For all other Consultancy click here
There are no products to list in this category.