Resilient Bar Acoustic Isolation System
A Revit / BIM Family object file is available for this product.
Acoustic Resilient Bar Isolation System - 3m lengths
Part code A270
Resilient bar is a thin metal channel designed to substantially improve the sound insulation of plasterboard walls and ceilings. Our resilient bars are Robust Detail approved and tested. Do not be fooled by inferior, untested products that may simply look similar.
Resilient bars effectively isolates the plasterboard from the studwork, eliminating 'direct contact' and thus dissipating sound which would normally be transferred through the frame. resilient bars are easy to install and produces dramatic results especially when trying to reduce impact noise through floors.
Our resilient bars, or resilient channels as they are sometimes called, are superior quality and highly flexible unlike other types on the market which are just too rigid to have a beneficial effect.
If installed correctly, laboratory tests show that including Custom Audio Designs' Robust Detail Approved resilient bars in a standard separating floor build-up can increase airborne and impact reduction by ΔRw+Ctr17dB and ΔLn,w17dB respectively.
SRL Report Number C/09/5L/20805/R01a
- Steel Guage: 0.5mm
- Weight: approx. 0.37kg/m
- Length: 3000mm
- Width: 70mm
- Depth: 15mm
With bars spaced at 400mm centres the maximum recommended Uniform Distributed Load is 35kg/m².
Even greater improvements in soundproofing can be gained by:
- Bonding our high performance 2FtexPlus to the wall before installing the framework.
- Stapling one or more layers of Tecsound Acoustic Membrane over the framework first.
- Adding one or more layers of Tecsound Acoustic Membrane between the layers of plasterboard
- Securing the battens via our 5mm neoprene strips if they are to be fixed directly to the wall.
- Sit any independent framework on our 6mm resilient isolation tape (or speak to us about using the 2FTexPlus for enhanced performance here)
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: